Friday, October 5, 2012

Shady Hallow

My goals and intentions of this piece were to make bold statements by carving out the light and leaving the outlines to the viewers imagination. i accomplished this by using only shadows and light. My painting is about having as little detail as possible but still creating an image of pumpkins.The most difficult challenge was not to draw to many details. I met that challenge by focusing on the shadows and light. My painting really works well on the borders of the light and dark areas. I have learned how dramatic subtle light can be and in my next pieces I will utilize light more.

4 comments:

  1. I can actually "see" the pumpkins.Good work. Don't forget the artist statement that goes with it. Tell about how you solved your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so cool. i like the white and the dark parts great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole drawing is bold, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shadow in this. It is very very bold. Excellent work hun!

    ReplyDelete